Ford Pinto First Year
The author s own 1972 ford pinto at second creek raceway in colorado in 1991.
Ford pinto first year. When the ford pinto hit the market as a 1971 model. The ford pinto is a subcompact car that was manufactured and marketed by ford motor company in north america sold from the 1971 to the 1980 model years. The smallest american ford vehicle since 1907 the pinto was the first subcompact vehicle produced by ford in north america. From the 1971 model year to 1980 pintos left assembly lines as everything from four cylinder runabouts to v6 powered custom wagons and more or less sold like crazy.
The small and economical pinto which debuted in 1970 was ford s first subcompact car produced domestically and its answer to popular imports like the volkswagen beetle and the toyota corolla. The ford mustang launched a whole new genre of automobiles known as pony cars. Records indicated that ford had first conducted rear end collision tests on the pinto in december 1970 months after it was already in production. By january 1971 california dealers were reporting sales of ford s new subcompact equal to 17 8 percent of all import sales.
The ford pinto was a subcompact manufactured by the ford motor company for the north american market first introduced on september 11 1970 and built through the 1980 model year. This version lasted until 1997 in various guises. With the new nhtsa crash testing rules delayed until the 1977 model year ford made the decision to produce the pinto as designed. 1980 ford pinto oi 00510 a project car is rust free and is in good condition huge engine compartment an assortment of aluminum wheels 13 and 15 fiberglass hood and fiberglass teardrop.
The rebadged lincoln mercury version the mercury bobcat debuted in canada in 1974 and subsequently in the u s. What made this news so special was that california was one of the hottest markets for imports yet pinto was winning customers there at an unprecedented rate. The ford pinto used the ohc version a 2 3 l 2 301 cc unit introduced in 1974 which has a 96 04 mm 3 78 in bore and 79 4 mm 3 13 in stroke. The earliest units produced 66 kw 89 hp and 160 n m 118 lb ft.
To create more interior room the pinto used a steel fuel tank located behind the rear axle and in front of the bumper.
- 2020 Ford Ranger Raptor Horsepower
- 2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk For Sale Near Me
- 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Horsepower
- Chevrolet G20 Gmc Vandura
- Chevrolet Camaro Ss Ss2
- 2004 Chevrolet Blazer Zr2 For Sale
- Chevrolet Duramax For Sale Dually
- Chevrolet Dealership Waco Tx
- Chevrolet Bel Air For Sale In India
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado Ltz Z71
- Chevrolet Duramax Engine Problems
- Chevrolet Camaro How Much
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado Ltz Z71 For Sale
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
- Chevrolet Corvette Asphalt 9
- Chevrolet Aveo 2008 Model Price
- 1970 Ford Bronco Ii
- Bike Rack For Jeep Grand Cherokee Without Hitch
- American Motors Of Jackson Jackson Tn
- 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition